2014.06.24 – version 5.8.0
A big version jump from 5.7.1 to 5.8.0 but there are lots of changes here to be seen, too.
More to core WordPress
There are a few things that they’ve removed from WOO and moved back to the core world of WordPress. The WOO search is no longer and now search uses the standard WP search. Good idea.
This one I’m not sure I agree with just yet, but maybe I’ll be convinced. They’ve moved some of the header background settings to the Appearance –> Customize section of all WP themes. Hmm, so are we customizing the theme using WP’s core features or WOO’s? Does it matter? Don’t know yet, we’ll see how well it works.
I like this one, “Improves styling of header cart and search dropdown” as I didn’t like the styling of the search dropdown.
Here are all the grizzly details you can print out and read to your family at dinner. ;-)
* Tweak – Remove PHP notices by adding global $woo_options variable.
* Tweak – Removed custom Woo Search widget in favor of the default WordPress search widget.
* Tweak – Minor updates to the WooCommerce styling.
* New – Tablet reponsive breakpoint.
* Tweak – Moved menu and content width declaration into woothemes_setup() function.
* New – Added support for Custom Background in the WordPress Customize page.
* New – Added support for Custom Header in the WordPress Customize page.
* New – Updates custom post type icons in WordPress 3.9
* Fix – Fixes mobile menu icon.
* Fix – Fixes issue with wrong caption being displayed on Portfolio images.
* Fix – Improved RTL styling in the slider.
* New – Improved Gravity Forms styling.
* Fix – Adds spacing between widgets in the Widgets template and Homepage widgetized area.
* New – Adds support for Jetpack Infinite Scroll.
* Fix – Improves styling of header cart and search dropdown.
* Fix – Fixes php error on Sensei course category archives.
* Fix – Ensure Sensei pages respect the breadcrumb display settings.
* Fix – Fixes shortcode toggle overflowing in the Fixed and Boxed layouts.
[box]While I was stalling, they already came out with 5.8.1. Here are the goods on that.[/box]
2014.07.03 – version 5.8.1
* Fix – Fixes info boxes shortcode no icon option.
* Tweak – Adds another section to the Hooks Manager specific so user can target pages independently of posts.
* Tweak – Adds breacrumbs to Project pages.
* Fix – Fixes navigation alignment bug in Safari.
* Fix – Fixes several options in the new WooFramework version.