Google+ now on Publicize!
I’m becoming a big fan of Google+ and I’m also a fan of Jetpack. Publicize is a Jetpack module that will update your social media automatically as you post new content. A bit like an old school RSS reader reads (or lists or publishes) your posts. But Google+ wasn’t in the mix. I remember reading that they said it was tricky, but they’d get it done. Well, it’s done!
I glanced at the rest of the bug fixes below and my only comment is that it’s a good sign that someone is fixing bugs. But I’m thrilled with the Google+ and Publicize connection!
- Enhancement: Google+ Publicize
- Enhancement: Add Cloudup as an oEmbed provider
- Enhancement: Subscriptions: Add subscribe_field_id filter to allow updated ids when using multiple widgets
- Enhancement: Infinite Scroll: TwentyFourteen Support
- Bug Fix: Contact Form: Fix warning when form is called outside the loop
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Moving Settings to Customizer, provide option to set default tag as fallback, specify all supported post-types rather than just additional ones. Description Updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Compat with ‘additional_post_types’ theme support argument. Comment updates
- Bug Fix: Featured Content: Make sure $term is an object before we treat it as one
- Bug Fix: GlotPress: Merge with latest GlotPress
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: prevent Undefined index notice that can cause IS to fail when user has WP_DEBUG set to true
- Bug Fix: Infinite Scroll: Improved compatibility with Carousel, Tiled Galleries, VideoPress, and the “audio” and “video” shortcodes
- Bug Fix: Likes: Stop manually including version.php and trust the global. Some whitespace fixes, and if it’s an attachment, follow the post_status of the parent post
- Bug Fix: Mobile Theme: Display password field for Gallery format protected posts
- Bug Fix: Sharing: Add new translation width for share button, and Google Plus icons
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Support Ineternational Google domains for maps
- Bug Fix: Shortcodes: Facebook Embeds: Register alternate permalink.php URL for posts
- Bug Fix: Subscriptions: Moved inline styles from widget email input to seperate css file
- Bug Fix: Theme Tools: Fix glitch where random-redirect.php also showed as a plugin being deleted if you were deleting Jetpack
- Bug Fix: Misc: Internationalization & RTL updates
- Bug Fix: Misc: Prevent collisions with ‘Facebook Featured Image & OG Meta Tags’ plugin