The prices above are all base prices. If you’d like to do more customization beyond what the finished products above, we’d be happy to help at our regular hourly rate.
- Design mock-ups: we’ll mock up three versions of a design to choose from based on our discussions. Once we have sign off on these mock-ups, we’ll build out the site in WordPress. Changes beyond the mockups are then beyond the scope of the initial agreement and will incur additional fees or we move them to a Phase 2.
- Revisions: we can revise mock-ups in discussion to arrive at the happy medium between design, function and usability (see below, Mutual Interests).
- Responsive design: the design and function will function on most devices (excluding old or uncommon). Please note that the site’s design will not look the same on all devices, but the goal is to have a consistent and efficient visitor experience.
We at Likoma have the same interests as you: to build a beautiful, professional, smart, functionally excellent site that you can update yourself and works well on mobile devices. We mention this here because to ensure that (1) you can update the content and (2) that it functions well on mobile will sometimes require us both to “not break things.” For example, if you requested a function or design element that would break either the ability for you to easily update content or break the mobile design of the site, we would highly recommend against it. This does not mean that we can’t make any changes, but it means keeping core function intact while we work together for the best possible design and features.
[quote float=”right”]How much does a house cost? What kind of a house did you have in mind?[/quote]
All Likoma Properties Include
We are going to pick an existing layout and customize it. We’re not going to work from scratch (because it’s too expensive and, frankly, a waste of time–it’s how we can keep these prices starting so low) and we’re going to work from a strong foundation based on Likoma’s WordPress experience since 2004. Check out our portfolio, we’ve been doing this a while and we do it well. Every site will include the following:
- WordPress Content Management System installation and configuration
- Latest version installed
- 1 user
- Theme installation
- Plugins: the “apps” of WordPress, how to make it do more.
- Yoast SEO
- Social media: share, publicize, get the word out
- SEO: each site is SEO Ready for your titles, keywords, and descriptions (please note that Ready does not mean optimized)
- Tutorials: Lifetime tuition to the prestigious WordPress U for WordPress training videos
- Premium plugins: Gravity Forms, Akismet, etc.
- Stock photography
If you’d like to go beyond the four walls and a roof of your place and, for example, turn it into a store to sell your products or maybe make it a members only site (complete with logins and passwords), it’s usually all do-able with the right tools. Here are some features you might want.
- Custom branding (logo creation, color scheme, etc.)
- Mailing list (newsletter to send to your fans)
- Membership Site (locked down content, membership levels, recurring payments, etc.)
- Search Engine Optimization (Now that you exist, how will they find you?)
- Google Apps (email, docs, calendar) and Google Analytics (stats). Note: Google now charges $5/user/month for this service.
- Social Media (set up, config, strategy)
- E-Commerce (digital products to physical goods)
- What else can you think of?
Drop us a note and we’ll get back to you to talk more about your project.