Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted

After some digging, I think I figured out how to solve this.

Here’s the quick how to:

I think it’s a leftover from the W3 Total Cache Plugin.

  1. Download the object-cache.php file from the /wp-content/ folder (as a backup).
  2. Delete the file.
  3. Enjoy errors disappearing.

So I suppose that I used to run the W3 Total Cache plugin and I think this is a file from that plugin. Again, I’m kinda guessing, but after being on the phone and chat with my hosting company trying to figure this out (with the usual suggestions of increasing certain limits in .htacces and php.ini … always fun), I thought it had to be simpler.

A little investigation told me that I have the same set up, same theme on another domain but on the same hosting, so it wasn’t the hosting or the theme necessarily. There was something else at play.

My guess? That W3 Total Cache plugin leftover. I deleted that file and the errors are gone. Let me know if that worked for you. Of course, back up anything you’re going to delete!

Here’s the full error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7160136 bytes) in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas04_data03/40/2415740/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 433


About the Author:

I've done the big corporate thing. I've done the creative writer thing. Now I'm happily in the middle. I like to help small businesses who are interested in "working their website before their website works them." I'm also interested in creating beautiful sites with powerful WordPress themes. Google+

Leave A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This